Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 4

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees aka Sinder
Act: One
Scene: Four
Location: Sinders' Cabin
Time: The morning after fighting the wolves


"You are not your character. You are your character’s author. Your
mission is not to make your hero’s life safe or to succeed; it is to test your
hero’s mettle and prove he deserves the title. Don’t pull your punches, but
root for the poor sap – he’s going to need it." - Second Principle from Heirs of Sea and Shadow.


________________Start Character Sheet_________________________________________

I am a DEMONSPAWN RANGER trying to be HONORABLE despite my HERITAGE. I am the first of my line and will be known for HONOR and EXPLORATION. My home is in Isa Verys, a CABIN that is HUMBLE and PLAIN.

Combat 6 Fight* 9 Flee
Explore 5 Bold 5 Cautious*
Social 8 Aggressive 9 Empathetic*
Skill 7 Ranger* 7 Noble
Weird 3 Demanding 2 Sensitive*

TAGS: Ranger (5), Honorable (4), Heritage (2), Explorer (9), Loner (9), Friendship (1), Evil (1), Magic ( 7), Father
*( #) denotes Dynasty information / Possibility of genetically passing down.

Wounds Minor ( ) (X ) (X ) Major ( ) ( ) Yourself ( )
Status Effects: Wounded - Laceration left arm (scarred), Rage

Resources: Jinxes, illusions, enchantments (1/2), Home (1)

Friendship - Kodo Alestr (Healer) - How did they meet?
Friendship ;Tasha - Mother, Old Love, hid pregnancy, Moved away to Never, strong willed (10), family oriented (4), Cook (5), Sneak (3)
Child - Emmarees Page, unknown heir, Ranger (2), Honorable (4), Explorer (4), Strong willed (6), cook (1), Sneak (1)
Foresters - Respected
Isa Verys - Tolerated
Upbringing Roll - Raised by EVIL forces

Time Tracker (monthly): 1

Exp: 6
_______________End Character Sheet _______________________________________________


Scene Four: Type: Montage, Purpose: A gift, Key Words: Ice, Mistake, Self, Predicament • Plot Point: Lock In

Tasha wakes to the sound of wood being chopped. The cabin is dark, lit only by an untended fire in the fireplace set against the north wall. The cabin is a simple affair, though larger than what would normally be found out beyond the touch of civilization. The construction is solid and in good repair.
Having gathered enough of her wits she attempts to get out of bed and quickly finds that even the simple act of pulling the blanket off of her causes pain. She looks down to shockingly discover that she does not have her own clothes on and that she is wearing a simple woolen shirt that is three sizes to large. Upon inspection her wounds have been cleaned and stitched. The grime from her arms and stomach has been washed off and a small wooden chair with a blanket thrown over its back has the appearance that someone has been sitting near her off and on.
She hears a mans voice outside. "Come on little one, you need to eat and drink to recover your strength. How else are you going to get strong enough to hunt?" The mans voice is unmistakably Arcan's but who is he talking to?
Tasha attempts to roll over to the edge of the bed and has to stifle a scream of pain. The people who make their homes near the demon wastes are not prone to being idle or relenting when things become hard but the pain is almost unbearable. Almost....she will try again. She takes a deep breath and attempts to move closer to the edge of the bed, but this time with deliberate slow movements. The extent of her weakness upsets her beyond words, and scares her more than she will admit. Finally she musters up the courage to admit she needs help, "Arcan? Arcan come here please?"
A few short seconds pass and the door opens. "I have not gone by that name for quite some time." If he is happy to see her he is hiding it well. "My name is Sinder now." He doesn't even look her in the eyes.
She nods, having heard as much in town. "I have you to thank for this?" She gestures toward the stitching and bandages on her arm.
He holds up his own arm showing it stitched but not covered. "I went and fetched Kodo as soon as I got you and the pup back to the cabin. She is a talented healer and.."
Tasha interrupts, " We don't have time for this. I will extend my gratitude to her when I next see her. I came to meet with you about a matter of great importance. I have some very important news for you but please...please tell me I haven't been asleep more than a few hours."
He looks at her now. "You slept all night and part of the morning. It is before mid-day still."
"No...No...," She turns her face away from him, tears falling. "No...it has been too long."
"I am sure your father, or husband as it now occurs to be a possibility causing his voice to waver, will understand. You have an honest excuse for not coming home last night. I asked Kodo to let your family know where you were. I was half expecting them to be here...."
Again she cuts him off, but this time much louder and harsher, almost a scream. "For my daughter!! Its too late for my daughter! For," her voice softens, "our daughter." She turns to look at him tears running down her cheeks. "You have a daughter Arcan, a beautiful daughter and she has been missing since the fire."

Oracle: Did she hide on her own? (18) No, but...(Move, Artificial, Time) She was moved by someone
Was it someone friendly, someone she knew, that took her? (61) Yes, but...(Personal, enslave, Chaos) they are not who they appear to be
Is she alive now? (51) Yes

I imagine Sinder freaking out right now to the point that his upbringing and heritage will come bursting forth and he will become overly aggressive. He is doing everything he can to keep it together right now. Risk is Minor. -1 wounded, -1 heritage, -1 evil, Social (Empathetic) 6 - 3 = 3 Fail. Social current number changed to 9. Status effect - Rage added. Exp 1.

"Stop toying with me!" Anger raising to near insanity Sinder steps toward her. "Is it not enough that you destroyed me three years ago. You tore out my heart and threw it upon the ground and now, NOW, you come here with these claims. Why!?" He doesn't even notice the feared look upon her face, the attempt to raise her arms to fend off the blows she expects to come. He doesn't give her time to respond. "I loved you!" He starts walking toward the door. He has to get away from her he is fearful of what he will do.
      "I was scared Arcan. I knew I was pregnant and I didn't know what to do. So I turned to my mother for advice. She was the one that filled my head with what would happen to our child, she told me I needed to get away from you so that our child, YOUR DAUGHTER, would have a chance at a life you never had! So she would not be shunned due to her blood. I never wanted to hurt you. That is why we left. I am sorry I hurt you. I am sorry I kept this a secret. My gram died and we came here to see to her affairs. I knew it was time to tell you. "
     He stops and looks at her, no emotion in his features. "I told you my name is Sinder." He walks out of the door leaving her there.

End Scene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 3

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 5

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 2