Game Masters Apprentice / 1572: The Lost Expedition / Hall of the Dwarven King

I have been really busy the last couple of weeks. I ended up having an unexpected knee surgery thanks to something that happened at work, but I wanted to share with you a couple of play throughs that I was able to get done and really enjoyed.

I want to preface this post by saying that I have been using the Game Master Apprentice cards for all dice rolls. The pack of cards I have are sleeved and held together with one of my daughters hair ties. They substitute any and all dice combinations and work incredibly well for on the fly RPG action. I even used them to run my Pathfinder game. I can not recommend them enough. I have enjoyed this product so much that I am planning to pick up all of the expansions for it. If you want to take a look at them here is the link: http://www.drivethrucards.com/product/125685/The-GameMasters-Apprentice-Base-Deck

Game 1: 1572 The Lost Expedition. I can not believe how much game is in this one page set up. (The rules are a few pages but the game itself is on one.) Resource management, exploration, hex crawling and it is free!! I ran through twice. A ton of fun!! "You assume the role of a small party of conquistadors trying to reach the Atlantic Ocean after a failed expedition deep in the New World." I highly recommend the optional journaling phase, it was a lot of fun looking back at what I had accomplished. If your looking for something to play solo for a couple of hours that doesn't take up a ton of space make sure you take a look at this one: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/199269/1572-lost-expedition

Game 2: Hall of the Dwarven King: This is another one page set up. Its a lighter play than 1572, but again a lot of game in a one page set up. This one truly is one page rules and all. You are a group of dwarves mining down into the depths. See how far you can make it in 20 rounds while managing the fun loving drinking and fighting nature of your kin! Again, this is FREE! Well worth the time! Here you go: https://metalsnail.itch.io/hall-of-the-dwarven-king

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 5

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 2

Heirs of Sea and Shadow - The story of Arcan Rees, Act 1, Scene 3